Kingdoms of the Sea – Bermagui Photography Workshop
It’s no secret that the South Coast of NSW has some of the most unique and iconic seascape formations in the world and when it comes to landscape photography, there’s nothing like the dynamic and ever changing subject of the mighty sea. Based in Bermagui, home of the mighty Horse Head and Camel Rock, this 3-day workshop covers every aspect of photographing nature, from sunrise, sunset, astro, long exposures and working with water movement, everything is covered here, checking off all that I know and have been doing day in and day out along the coast for the past 5 years.
Overview/What to Expect
This workshop is a 3-day/2-night photography tour, exploring the Sapphire Coast of NSW. Staying at Bermagui, the home of Horse Head and Camel Rocks, we will visit these iconic seascape locations during the best light of day as well the beautiful Glasshouse Rocks at Narooma.
Like all my workshops, I prefer to keep my group sizes small to allow for a relaxed atmosphere and ensure my participants get the most out of the experience. Covering every aspect of landscape and seascape photography, night photography and post processing in Photoshop, I hold nothing back and share my entire workflow and personal techniques that I use to create my images. As well as this, I’ll be able to address any questions you have and work with you to help take your photography to the next level.
I’ve lived by the ocean my whole life and it’s places like this that have shaped my photography and love for seascapes. I have no doubt you’ll go home with some of your favourite images to date and I look forward to sharing this special place with you.
Our tour will see us explore the following locations:
- Camel Rock
- Horse Head Rock
- Glass House Rocks
- Bermagui and Narooma
Date: January 18th – 20th 2018 (booked out)
Location: Bermagui NSW
Group Size: Maximum of 4 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: Walking distances are under 20 minutes, however the terrain is quite uneven and rocky. You must be comfortable walking close to the water, across rocks.
- An experienced tour through Narooma and Bermagui, photographing some of the world’s best seascape locations
- 3 days of professional and personal photography tuition from myself
- Learn techniques to effectively shoot sunrises and sunsets by the sea, as well as all the fundamentals of shooting landscapes
- Work in low light and capture the Milky Way
- Post processing tuition using Photoshop – Editing RAW files, exposure blending, luminosity masks, glow effects and more
- 2 nights’ accommodation – your own private room in a holiday house
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- A laid back and flexible itinerary, working with the light and weather
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Other sundry expenses such as laundry, phone calls etc