– Lights Of The North –
Iceland Photography Workshop
Towering waterfalls, rugged coastlines, glaciers, mountains and the illusive Northern Lights – Iceland boasts some of the worlds most incredible scenery. Aimed at photographers of all skill levels, this photography workshop tours some of the highlights as well as spectacular, lesser known locations. It’s time for you to see what all the fuss is about.
Dates: September 21st – 27th 2019 (1 PLACE LEFT)
September 29th – October 5th 2019 ‘NEW Adventure Workshop’
Group Size: Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: Easy, hiking distances are short on this workshop
Overview/What to Expect
This 7-day workshop is a personal and flexible tour through the south of Iceland. We will visit some of the countries most incredible locations such as Vik, Skogafoss, Kirkjufell, Gulfoss and Jokularson glacier, all topped off with the thrill of chasing the illustrious Northern Lights.
As with all my workshops, my aim is for you to not only experience the beauty of this country but to also go home with amazing photo’s and memories that will last a life time, all shared with a small group of like-minded people.
The weather in Iceland is fast moving and the light is golden throughout the day, making our adventure somewhat unpredictable at times, yet very exciting from a photography perspective. I believe some of the best images are unplanned, reacting to a unique moment that suddenly presents itself, so although an itinerary with locations and accommodation is planned, I always allow time for the spontaneous moments that typically occur in environments such as this.
This workshop isn’t for those who are after a relaxing time sight seeing. But if you want to shoot mind blowing locations around the clock, take your photography to new heights and experience one-of-a-kind moments, than this is the tour for you.
Throughout the trip I will be sharing my own personal photography and processing techniques, addressing your individual goals and equipping you with the skills and motivation to get the most out of photography for the rest of your life.
- Experienced guided tour through Iceland
- 7-days of personal and professional photography tuition from myself
- Learn how to shoot long exposures, night photography, the aurora, sunrises and sunsets
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions
- Understand and comfortably learn how to shoot in manual mode
- Post processing tutorials using Photoshop – RAW file processing, exposure blending, glow effects, sharpening, resizing
- 6 nights’ accommodation (twin share)
- Transport for the duration of the tour in a comfortable and spacious van
- Personal assistance at every location, addressing your own photography goals
View frequently asked questions here.