Lights Of The North – Iceland Photography Workshop
Words and images fail to truly define the unique and powerful beauty of this country. Iceland is unlike anywhere else I have ever been. From towering waterfalls, black sand beaches, glaciers, mountains and the illusive Northern Lights, this is truly a place every photographer should visit at least once in their life. This photography workshop covers all aspects of landscape photography whilst visiting some of the most stunning and memorable locations on earth.
Overview/What to Expect
This 7-day workshop is a personal and flexible tour through the south of Iceland. We will visit some of the countries most incredible locations such as Vik, Skogafoss, Kirkjufell, Gulfoss and Jokularson glacier, all topped off with the thrill of chasing the illustrious Northern Lights.
As with all my workshops, my aim is for you to not only experience the beauty of this country but to also go home with amazing photo’s and memories that will last a life time, all shared with a small group of like-minded people.
The weather in Iceland is fast moving and the light is golden throughout the day, making our adventure somewhat unpredictable at times, yet very exciting from a photography perspective. I believe some of the best images are unplanned, reacting to a unique moment that suddenly presents itself, so although an itinerary with locations and accommodation is planned, I always allow time for the spontaneous moments that typically occur in environments such as this.
This workshop isn’t for those who are after a relaxing time sight seeing. But if you want to shoot mind blowing locations around the clock, take your photography to new heights and experience one-of-a-kind moments, than this is the tour for you.
Throughout the trip I will be sharing my own personal photography and processing techniques, addressing your individual goals and equipping you with the skills and motivation to get the most out of photography for the rest of your life.
Our tour will see us explore some of the following locations and more:
- Skogafoss and the Seljalandsfoss
- Vik black sand beaches and sea stacks anlong with the famous Plane wreck
- Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon and the Ice Beach
- Gulfoss and Bruarfoss
- Vesturhorn mountain
- Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon
- The famous Kirkjufell (Church Mountain)
Dates: September 21st – 27th 2019 (1 PLACE LEFT)
Group Size: Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: Easy, hiking distances are short on this workshop
- Experienced guided tour through Iceland
- 7-days of personal and professional photography tuition from myself
- Learn how to shoot long exposures, night photography, seascapes, waterfalls, sunrises and sunsets and the aurora
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions
- Understand and comfortably learn how to shoot in manual mode
- Post processing tutorials using Photoshop – RAW file processing, exposure blending, glow effects, sharpening, resizing
- 6 nights’ accommodation (twin share)
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- Personal assistance at every location, addressing your own photography goals