Sunrise to Sunset – Illawarra Photography Workshop
If you’re looking at taking your photography to the next level in a laid back and fun environment then this is the workshop for you. Visiting some of my all time favourite local locations through the Illawarra, this workshop covers everything from seascapes, waterfalls, forests, sunrise/sunset as well as photo editing. Highlights include Cathedral Rocks, Bombo Quarry, Helensburgh Train tunnel and the Illawarra Sea Cliff Bridge.
Overview/What to Expect
I believe the best way to further your photography skills is to not only get out with your camera as much as possible but to also expose yourself to a variety of different lighting situations and subjects. This full day photography workshop is suitable for people who want to learn and build upon the fundamentals of photography, learn how to pre-visualise and develop strong compositions, work with different types of light and shoot long exposures and develop an image using post processing techniques in Photoshop and, of course having a laugh along the way.
Shooting the sunrise, we will then stop for breakfast (and much needed coffee) before visiting a variety of coastal locations. We will stop for a light lunch and also head to a conference room where I will demonstrate the basics of post processing using my own Photoshop techniques on a projected screen. Everyone will be able to follow along on their own laptops after which we will head out and photograph the sunset.
The smaller group size means that this workshop is suitable for photographers of all skill/experience levels as I will be providing one-on-one guidance virtually the whole time. I was born and raised in the Illawarra and truly think it’s one of the most beautiful parts of Australia. The diversity here is like no other and I look forward to sharing with you some locations that are most special to me.
Locations visited during workshop:
Beginning at the Jones Beach car park in Kiama we plan to shoot:
- Cathedral Rocks
- Bombo Quarry
- Helensburgh Train tunnel
- The Illawarra Sea Cliff Bridge
- Macquarie Rivulet
- Kellys Falls
And a few more locations along the way!
Date: Join waitlist for next date announcement
Time: begins before sunrise and finishes up just after sunset
Location: Begins at Cathedral Rocks Kiama
Group Size: Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: Walking distances are no greater than 15 minutes but will be on uneven surfaces along the coast
- Guided and experienced tour to some of the best photography locations in the Illawarra
- Full photography tuition from myself with ample one-on-one time
- Complete break down and understanding of common photography terms and manual shooting
- Learn my personal workflow and techniques used when out in the field
- Learn how to shoot long exposures, seascapes, waterfalls, sunrises and sunsets
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions
- Understand and comfortably learn how to shoot in manual mode
- Post processing tutorial using Photoshop – RAW file processing, exposure blending, glow effects, sharpening, resizing
- Transport for the duration of the workshop
- Personal assistance at every location, addressing your own photography goals
- Afternoon tea
- Understand the thought process and philosophy behind creating memorable landscape images