Norway Photography Workshop
– Lofoten Islands –
Partnering with my friends at Lofoten Tours, this is a 7-day photography workshop to the wild Lofoten Islands of Norway. Fjords, snow-capped mountains that rise from the sea, icy shores and the illustrious northern lights – this is a photographers paradise.
Date: November 11th-17th 2018 (2 places left)
September 29th- October 5th 2019
Location: Lofoten Islands, Norway
Group Size: Maximum of 7 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: There is minimal hiking on this workshop
(All images shown in relation to this tour are courtesy of Stian Klo at Lofoten Tours)
Overview/What to Expect
After years of requests, I am excited to now offer photography workshops to Lofoten, in Norway. This November tour is a small group, 7-day photography workshop exploring the colourful fjords, towering snow-capped peaks that rise from the dramatic shore lines, and of course, chasing the northern lights.
From sunrise to sunset, night photography and post-processing, I’ll be joined by Christian Hoiberg, utilising his local knowledge to ensure we are at the right places when it matters most. I’ll share with you all I know about photography and what goes in to making spectacular images. Combing two of my most familiar subjects (the ocean and mountains), there is unlimited potential in this part of the world, regardless of the weather. With a small group size, we have a personal and flexible learning environment, allowing for plenty of one-on-one time to address your own goals as well as being able to freely explore and find your own compositions when in the field – not lining up in a long row getting the same shot as everyone else. At every opportunity we will be photographing hours of soft, arctic light by day and the northern lights at night. If you’ve heard about my tours, you know I’m always willing to do whatever it takes for you to get the shot, and you can count on creating some of your best work yet on this trip.
Your photography and enjoyment is my commitment and I delight in seeing you capture the images you’ve always dreamed of, taking home the skills to do it again and again. This is my love, my passion and my obsession. For over 5 years I’ve been professionally running workshops for people worldwide, working alongside hundreds of individuals. Photography has changed my life and I want you to experience the joy of this art too.
- Experienced guided tour through the islands of Lofoten, Norway
- 7-days of personal and professional photography tuition from myself and Christian Hoiberg
- Learn how to shoot long exposures, night photography, the aurora, sunrises and sunsets
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions
- Understand and comfortably learn how to shoot in manual mode
- Post processing tutorials using Photoshop – RAW file processing, exposure blending, glow effects, sharpening, resizing
- 6 nights’ accommodation (twin share) at Statles Rorbusenter in Mortsund
- Transport for the duration of the tour in a comfortable and spacious van
- Personal assistance at every location, addressing your own photography goals
View frequently asked questions here.