Colours Of Fall – Ultimate New Zealand Photography Workshop
If I had to choose one country to photograph the rest of my life, it would be New Zealand. Join me on this photography workshop as we explore cloud piercing mountain peaks, glassy lakes, star-filled skies and grand open landscapes all bathed in the golden colours of Autumn.
Overview/What to Expect
A big part of outdoor photography is being able to read and adapt to the conditions at hand and as a result I believe some of the best images are unplanned, reacting to a unique moment that suddenly presents itself. So although an itinerary with locations and accommodation is booked, I always allow for the unforeseen situations that have a way of regularly occurring in a place like New Zealand.
This workshop is a 7 day photography tour exploring some of the most incredible, jaw-dropping locations in the stunning South Island of New Zealand. We will stand beneath and fly above the cloud piercing Mt Cook, photograph the famous tree beside the calm waters of lake Wanaka, shoot the Milky Way above the historic Church of the Good Shepherd at Tekapo, cruise beneath the towering waterfalls in Milford Sound but most importantly, discover our own unique visions and images in this landscape that boasts unlimited potential.
On all my tours, my aim is for you to not only experience the beauty of a country but also go home with incredible memories, skills and photo’s that will last a life time. From sunrise to sunset as well as astro photography, I will make sure we are at the right places when it matters most and share with you all I know about photography and what goes in to making my images.
Our tour will see us explore the following locations:
Leaving from Queenstown we will cover some of New Zealand’s grandest landscapes in the vibrant colours of Fall
- Mt Cook and the Hooker Glacier + Scenic flight with glacier landing
- Church of the Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo
- Milford Sound with nature cruise
- Wanaka (yes, that famous tree)
- The Remarkables and Moke Lake in Queenstown
- The golden tree-lined hills of Arrowtown
Plus countless ‘stop the car’ and unforeseen moments along the way
Date: 29 April – 5 May 2017 (booked out). Contact me to join waitlist.
Location: South Island of New Zealand
Group Size: Maximum of 8 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: A moderate level of fitness is required. The longest hike will be to the Hooker Lake which is approximate 5km return.
- Visit and capture some of the stunning scenery in the South Island of New Zealand with extensive time at each location
- 7 days of professional photography tuition from myself covering all aspects of photography
- Post processing using Lightroom and Photoshop
- 6 nights’ accommodation (twin share)
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- Milford Sound Cruise
- Scenic flight with glacier landing (weather dependant)