New Zealand South Island
Summer Photography Workshop
If I had to choose one country to photograph the rest of my life, it would be New Zealand. Join me on this workshop to one of the purest, most dramatic and beautiful places on earth as we photograph the best mountains and lakes of the South Island, adorned with the beautiful wild flowers of summer.
Overview/What to Expect
An adventurous, 7 day photography tour exploring some of the most incredible, jaw-dropping locations in the unique, snow covered South Island of New Zealand.
My aim is for you to not only experience the beauty of this country but also go home with incredible memories and photo’s that will last a life time. From sunrise to sunset and some night photography, I will make sure we are at the right places when it matters most but still make sure we have enough time to relax and take everything in. During the entire trip I will be sharing my own personal photography and processing techniques and will assist you along the way.
I believe some of the best images are unplanned, reacting to a unique moment that suddenly presents itself. So although an itinerary with locations and accommodation is planned, I have allowed enough time for plenty of ‘stop the car’ moments along the way. Trust me, NZ tends to have plenty of those.
Our tour will see us explore the following locations:
Leaving from Queenstown we will cover some of New Zealand’s grandest winter landscapes;
- Mt Cook and the Ice filled Hooker Lake
- Church of the Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo
- Wanaka (yes, the famous lone tree)
- The Remarkables and Moke Lake in Queenstown
- Tasman Glacier
- Scenic Flight
- The numerous snow capped peaks of the Southern Alps
Plus plenty of ‘stop the car’ moments along the way
Date: December 8th-14th 2018
Location: South Island of New Zealand
Group Size: Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: A moderate level of fitness is required. The longest hike will be to the Hooker Lake which is approximate 5km return.
- Visit and capture some of the stunning scenery in the South Island of New Zealand with extensive time at each location
- 7 days of professional photography tuition from myself covering all aspects of photography
- Post processing using Lightroom and Photoshop
- 6 nights’ accommodation (twin share)
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- Milford Sound Cruise
- Scenic Flight
- 12 x 18 inch print of your favorite image captured during the workshop
What's Not Included
- Flights/transport to and from Queenstown NZ
- Travel Insurance
- Other sundry expenses such as laundry, phone calls etc