Winter Wonderland – New Zealand Photography Workshop
From ice-filled glacial lakes, snowy peaks that pierce the clouds, tree lined landscapes and hours of soft golden light, photographing the South Island of New Zealand is magical. So close to Australia yet worlds away, immersing in the beauty of a South Island winter is a must for any serious photographer.
Overview/What to Expect
A 7 day photography workshop exploring some of the most incredible, jaw-dropping locations in the stunning South Island of New Zealand. We will stand beneath and fly above the cloud piercing Mt Cook, photograph the famous tree beside the calm waters of lake Wanaka, shoot the Milky Way above the historic Church of the Good Shepherd at Tekapo but most importantly, discover our own unique visions and images in this landscape that boasts unlimited potential.
On all my tours, my aim is for you to not only experience the beauty of a country but also go home with incredible memories, skills and photo’s that will last a life time. From sunrise to sunset as well as astro photography, I will make sure we are at the right places when it matters most and share with you all I know about photography and what goes in to making my images.
A big part of outdoor photography is being able to read and adapt to the conditions at hand and as a result I believe some of the best images are unplanned, reacting to a unique moment that suddenly presents itself. So although an itinerary with locations and accommodation is booked, I always allow for the unforeseen situations that have a way of regularly occurring in a place like New Zealand.
Our tour will see us explore the following locations:
Leaving from Queenstown we will cover some of New Zealand’s grandest winter landscapes;
- Mt Cook and the Ice filled Hooker Lake + flight w/glacier landing
- Church of the Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo
- Wanaka (yes, the famous lone tree)
- The Remarkables and Moke Lake in Queenstown
- Tasman Glacier
- The numerous snow capped peaks of the Southern Alps
Plus countless ‘stop the car’ moments along the way
Date: 15th-21st July, 2017 (SOLD OUT)
Location: South Island of New Zealand
Group Size: Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: A moderate level of fitness is required. The longest hike will be to the Hooker Lake which is approximate 5km return.
- Visit and capture some of the stunning scenery in the South Island of New Zealand with extensive time at each location
- 7 days of professional photography tuition from myself covering all aspects of photography
- Post processing tutorials using Photoshop
- 6 nights’ accommodation (twin share)
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- Scenic flight and glacier landing (weather dependant)