Patagonia 2018 – Chile and Argentina
At the far ends of South America, mountains rise and pierce the sky, framed by glacial lakes and fields of trees, the mountains of Patagonia are unlike anywhere else in the world. Join my 2018 photography workshop to both the Chilean and Argentinian sides of Patagonia and discover first hand the grandeur of such an enigmatic landscape.
Overview/What to Expect
This workshop is a 9-night/10-day photography workshop which covers the vast and impressionable regions of Patagonia in both Chile and Argentina. Designed purely with photography in mind, we will shoot some of the most stunning mountains in the world including Fitzroy, Cerro Torre and the Cuernos Del Paine surrounded by the vibrant colours of autumn.
Patagonia is not the type of place where you can simply park the car and take amazing photo’s without putting a little effort in. This is an adventure workshop with regular hiking and camping, combined with some of the most amazing views in the world from forests, lakes, rivers and of course incredible mountains. If you’re fit and ready for adventure, then please read on.
On all my tours, my aim is for you to not only experience the beauty of a country but also go home with memories, skills and photo’s that will last a life time. From sunrise to sunset as well as astro photography, I will make sure we are at the right places when it matters most, using mine and my assistants experience to get you the best photo’s possible. From my workflow out in the field, to post production techniques, I’ll share with you all that I know about photography and the fulfilment this art can bring.
A big part of landscape photography is being able to read and adapt to the conditions at hand and as a result I believe some of the best images are unplanned, reacting to a unique moment that suddenly presents itself. With this in mind, a loose itinerary has been set in order to make the most of the fast changing and often relentless weather that makes this place so special. To avoid being caught out in miserable weather unnecessarily, we will be using a hotel as our home base and only camping and hiking when the conditions allow.
If you want to take your photography to the next level and see the very best of this country in a relaxed, small group environment, than this workshop is for you.
Our tour will see us explore the following locations:
Commencing in El Calafate in Argentina we will visit;
- Los Glaciares National Park
- Cerro Torre
- Mt Fitz Roy (from several vantage points)
- Lago Torre
- Perito Moreno Glacier
- Salto Grande
- Torres Del Paine National Park in Chile
- The ‘towers’ in TDP
- Cuernos Paine and Lake Nordenskjold
- Various autumn coloured forests
Date: April 17th-26th 2018 (Sold Out)
Group Size: Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: You must be fit and have some level of hiking and camping experience for this workshop. Walking 10km each day will be possibleon this trip in order to access the best photography vantage points.
Visas: Depending on your country of residence, you will need to secure necessary visas for both Chile and Argentina prior to the trip. I can assist with this.
- Guided tour through Patagonia in both Chile and Argentina
- 10-days of personal and professional photography tuition from myself
- Learn how to shoot long exposures, night photography, sunrises and sunsets
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions
- Understand and comfortably learn how to shoot in manual mode
- Post processing tutorials using Photoshop – RAW file processing, exposure blending, glow effects, sharpening, resizing
- 9 nights’ accommodation (twin share with camping scattered throughout)
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- Personal assistance at every location, addressing your own photography goals
What's Not Included
- Flights/transport to and from El Calafate in Argentina
- Travel Insurance
- Camping Equipment
- Other sundry expenses such as laundry, phone calls etc