Sunset to Stars – Cathedral Rocks and Bombo Quarry
If you’re looking at learning how to get the most out of landscape photography in a laid back and fun environment then this is the workshop for you. Visiting two of the world’s greatest seascape locations, we will catch the sunset at Cathedral Rocks Kiama before heading to Bombo Quarry where we will shoot under a canopy of stars.
Overview/What to Expect
A small group workshop that is most suited to beginner and intermediate photographers who want to better understand the fundamentals of photography and get the most out of their camera.
During this workshop I break down the basic elements that make up photography and manual shooting. I explain all the terminology including ISO, aperture and shutter speed and then share my own personal workflow from beginning to end when out in the field.
How to effectively compose a shot, understand light, work with moving water and low light, light painting, long exposures and more are all covered here as well as answering any questions you may have throughout the night.
Locations visited during workshop:
Beginning at the Jones Beach car park in Kiama we will shoot:
- Cathedral Rocks
- Bombo Quarry
Date: Join wait list for next date announcement
Location: Cathedral Rocks & Bombo Quarry
Group Size: Maximum of 8 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: Walking distances are no greater than 15 minutes however surfaces are rocky and uneven
Price: $250 AU + GST
- Experienced guide to Cathedral Rocks and Bombo Quarry
- Complete professional photography tuition from myself, my entire workflow and techniques
- Learn how to shoot long exposures, night photography, sunrises and sunsets
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions
- Work in extreme low-light environments, learn light painting and steel wool photography
- Understand and comfortably learn how to shoot in manual mode
- Utilise different effects and techniques associated with seascape photography
- Personal assistance throughout the workshop, addressing your own photography goals