Ultimate New Zealand – South Island Photography Workshop
If I had to choose one country to photograph the rest of my life, it would be New Zealand. Join me on this workshop to one of the purest, most dramatic and beautiful places on earth and find out why.
Overview/What to Expect
A 7-day photography workshop exploring some of the most incredible, jaw-dropping locations in the stunning South Island of New Zealand. We will stand beneath and fly above the cloud piercing Mt Cook, photograph the famous tree beside the calm waters of lake Wanaka, cruise below waterfalls in Milford Sound, shoot the Milky Way above the historic Church of the Good Shepherd at Tekapo but, most importantly, discover our own unique visions and images in this landscape that boasts unlimited potential.
On all my tours, my aim is for you to not only experience the beauty of a country but also go home with incredible memories, skills and photo’s that will last a life time. From sunrise to sunset as well as astro photography, I will make sure we are at the right places when it matters most and share with you all I know about photography and what goes in to making my images. With a small group size of just 6 participants, we have a personal learning environment, allowing you to get the most out of this unforgettable experience.
A big part of outdoor photography is being able to read and adapt to the conditions at hand and as a result I believe some of the best images are unplanned, reacting to a unique moment that suddenly presents itself. So although an itinerary with locations and accommodation is booked, I always allow for the unforeseen situations that have a way of regularly occurring in a place like New Zealand. In the past, this has seen us photographing the Aurora Australis through the night, chasing a snow storm in Wanaka and making several detours on the way to Tekapo to capture flurry of snow and rainbows.
This is my favourite country in the world and I know you’re going to love it.
Our tour will see us explore the following locations:
Leaving from Queenstown we will cover some of New Zealand’s grandest landscapes;
- Mt Cook and the ice filled Hooker Lake
- Church of the Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo
- Milford Sound with nature cruise
- Wanaka (yes, the famous lone tree)
- The Remarkables and Moke Lake in Queenstown
- Tasman Glacier/Southern Alps
Plus plenty of ‘stop the car’ moments along the way
Date: 2 – 8 September (1 place left, must be female based on room sharing)
Location: South Island of New Zealand
Group Size: Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: A moderate level of fitness is required. The longest hike will be to the Hooker Lake which is approximate 5km return (about 3hrs total).
- Experienced guided tour (DOC licensed) through the South Island of NZ
- 7-days of personal and professional photography tuition from myself
- Learn how to shoot long exposures, night photography, sunrises and sunsets and aerial photography
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions
- Understand and comfortably learn how to shoot in manual mode
- Post processing tutorials using Photoshop – RAW file processing, exposure blending, glow effects, sharpening, resizing
- 6 nights’ accommodation (twin share)
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- Scenic flight and glacier landing (weather dependant)
- Milford Sound 2 hour nature cruise
- Personal assistance at every location, addressing your own photography goals