Ultimate New Zealand – South Island Photography Workshop
If I had to choose one country to photograph the rest of my life, it would be New Zealand. Join me on this workshop to one of the purest, most dramatic and beautiful places on earth and find out why.
Overview/What to Expect
A big part of outdoor photography is being able to read and adapt to the conditions at hand and as a result I believe some of the best images are unplanned, reacting to a unique moment that suddenly presents itself. So although an itinerary with locations and accommodation is booked, I always allow for the unforeseen situations that have a way of regularly occurring in a place like New Zealand.
This workshop is a 7 day photography tour exploring some of the most incredible, jaw-dropping locations in the stunning South Island of New Zealand. We will stand beneath and fly above the cloud piercing Mt Cook, photograph the famous tree beside the calm waters of lake Wanaka, shoot the Milky Way above the historic Church of the Good Shepherd at Tekapo, cruise beneath the towering waterfalls in Milford Sound but most importantly, discover our own unique visions and images in this landscape that boasts unlimited potential.
On all my tours, my aim is for you to not only experience the beauty of a country but also go home with incredible memories, skills and photo’s that will last a life time. From sunrise to sunset as well as astro photography, I will make sure we are at the right places when it matters most and share with you all I know about photography and what goes in to making my images.
This is a tour for those who want to take their photography to the next level whilst experiencing one of the most beautiful places on earth. After spending time in New Zealand it’s hard to look at life the same away again.
Our tour will see us explore the following locations:
Leaving from Queenstown we will cover some of New Zealand’s grandest landscapes;
- Mt Cook and the ice filled Hooker Lake
- Church of the Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo
- Milford Sound with nature cruise
- Wanaka (yes, the famous lone tree)
- The Remarkables and Moke Lake in Queenstown
- Tasman Glacier/Southern Alps
Plus plenty of ‘stop the car’ moments along the way
Date: 2 – 8 September (SOLD OUT) – see below to join the waitlist
Location: South Island of New Zealand
Group Size: Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: A moderate level of fitness is required. The longest hike will be to the Hooker Lake which is approximate 5km return (about 3hrs total).
- Visit and capture some of the stunning scenery in the South Island of New Zealand with extensive time at each location
- 7 days of professional photography tuition from myself covering all aspects of photography
- Post processing using Lightroom and Photoshop
- 6 nights’ accommodation (twin share)
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- Milford Sound Cruise
- Scenic flight with glacier landing (weather dependant)