– Iceland –
Adventure Photography Workshop
Towering waterfalls, rugged coastlines, glaciers, mountains and the illusive Northern Lights – Iceland boasts some of the worlds most incredible scenery. Aside from the icons, this country has many other locations waiting to be explored. This photography workshops is for those wanting to experience Iceland through fresh eyes, as we hike and get off trail to capture something new.
Dates: September 29th – October 5th 2019
Group Size: Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for intermediate to advanced photographers (not complete beginners)
Fitness Level / Difficulty: There is some light hiking on this workshop.
Overview/What to Expect
This 7-day workshop is a small group tour, catering for those who are serious about their photography and want to create amazing images in Iceland . Find out what all the fuss is about as we get up close to ancient glaciers, rugged coasts, towering waterfalls, mountain valleys and of course the illusive northern lights – this is a country that needs to be seen and experienced first hand. Following the best weather conditions, this adventure tour is unique because no itinerary is set in stone, allowing me to guide you to the very best locations in pursuit of the northern lights and ideal photography conditions. There’s much more to Iceland than what you’ve commonly seen online!
If you want to shoot mind blowing locations around the clock, revolutionise your photography, learn powerful processing techniques and experience the best of Iceland with a small group of like minded people, than this is the workshop for you.
Throughout the trip I will be sharing all of my own personal photography and processing techniques, addressing your individual goals and equipping you with the skills and motivation to get the most out of photography for the rest of your life.
- Experienced guided tour through Iceland
- 7-days of personal and professional photography tuition from myself
- Learn how to shoot long exposures, night photography, the aurora, sunrises and sunsets
- Learn my handheld methods of shooting, focus stacking for extreme DOF, focal length blending, exposure blending for large dynamic range scenes
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions to add depth and dimension to your images
- Understand and comfortably learn how to shoot in manual mode
- Powerful post processing tutorials using Photoshop – RAW file processing, exposure blending, glow effects, sharpening, resizing
- Accommodation (twin share) – Hotels in Iceland book 12-months in advance for groups. So, to stay flexible with the weather we will utilise AirBnB’s and Guesthouses
- Transport for the duration of the tour in a comfortable and spacious van
- Personal assistance at every location, addressing your own photography goals
View frequently asked questions here.