Iceland Photography Workshop
– Lights Of The North –
Words and images fail to truly define the unique and powerful beauty of this country. Iceland is unlike anywhere else I have ever been. From towering waterfalls, black sand beaches, glaciers, mountains and the illusive Northern Lights, this is truly a place every photographer should visit at least once in their life. This photography workshop covers all aspects of landscape photography whilst visiting some of the most stunning and memorable locations on earth.
Date: September 5th-11th 2018 (Booked Out)
September 12th- 18th 2018 (Booked Out)
November 3rd-9th 2018 (1 place left!)
Location: Iceland – beginning and ending in Reykjavic
Group Size: Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: There is minimal hiking on this workshop
Overview/What to Expect
This 7-day workshop is a personal and flexible tour through the south of Iceland. We will visit some of the countries most incredible locations such as Vik, Skogafoss, Kirkjufell, Gulfoss, Vesturhorn and Jokularson glacier and the ice beach, all topped off with the thrill of chasing the illustrious Northern Lights!
As with all my workshops, my aim is for you to not only experience the beauty of this country but to also go home with amazing photo’s and memories that will last a life time, all shared with a small group of like-minded people.
The weather in Iceland is fast moving and the light is golden throughout the day, making our adventure somewhat unpredictable at times, yet very exciting from a photography perspective. I believe some of the best images are unplanned, reacting to a unique moment that suddenly presents itself, so although an itinerary with locations and accommodation is planned, I always allow time for the spontaneous moments that typically occur in environments such as this.
This workshop isn’t for those who are after a relaxing time sight seeing. But if you want to shoot mind blowing locations around the clock, take your photography to new heights and experience one-of-a-kind moments, than this is the tour for you.
Throughout the trip I will be sharing my own personal photography and processing techniques, addressing your individual goals and equipping you with the skills and motivation to get the most out of photography for the rest of your life.
- Experienced guided tour through some of Icelands greatest and most iconic locations
- 7-days of personal and professional photography tuition from myself, addressing your personal goals and needs
- Learn how to shoot long exposures, night photography, the aurora, sunrises and sunsets – everything!
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions
- Develop your own creative vision and learn the tools to create images that are powerful and unique
- Understand and comfortably learn how to shoot in manual mode
- Post processing tutorials using Photoshop – RAW file processing, exposure blending, glow effects, sharpening, resizing
- 6 nights’ accommodation (twin share)
- Transport for the duration of the tour in a comfortable and spacious van
- Small group size allowing for flexibility and more room at locations
View frequently asked questions here.