New Zealand South Island
The Ultimate Photography Tour
Helicopters, wild flowers, towering peaks, glacial lakes, rugged coasts and lush forests – let me take you on an unforgettable journey and share with you the beauty of New Zealand on this one of a kind photography tour.
You can come here on a standard workshop and just tick off the icons, or you can join me on this adventure and experience the real New Zealand, which is so much more than the same old images shared on social media.
From the air and on the ground, with a flexible itinerary based around getting you where the light and locations are best – this is the land I live and breathe and I want to share it with you, from the depths of the forest to soaring heights over glaciated terrain.
Dates: November 30th – December 6th 2019 (6-nights 7-days) BOOKED OUT
May 2nd – 8th 2020 (6-nights 7-days) NEW DATES
Location: New Zealand South Island – beginning and ending in Queenstown
Group Size: Maximum of 4 participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: There is minimal hiking on this tour
Overview/What to Expect
This is a small group, 7-day photography workshop which covers the very best of the New Zealand South Island on a flexible itinerary. After living here for a couple of years and spending hundreds of days in the field, I’ve designed this tour to share with people what I believe to be some of the best scenery and photography locations New Zealand has to offer. Commencing from Queenstown, we will be visiting the high peaks of Mount Cook and the Southern Alps, the impressionable valleys and forests of Fiordland, wild seascapes on the west coast plus we’ll utilise a helicopter and plane for you to experience these landscapes from the sky.
From sunrise to sunset, night photography and post-processing, I’ll be using my experience and local knowledge to ensure we’re at the right places when it matters most, for you to create incredible images and have an experience beyond what many other tourists or photographers will. I’ll share with you all I know about photography and what goes in to making my images, everything that comprises my philosophy and entire workflow. With a small group size of only 4, we have a personal and flexible learning environment, allowing for plenty of one-on-one time to address your own goals as well as being able to freely explore and find your own compositions when in the field – not lining up in a long row getting the same shot as everyone else. This is an incredibly flexible and personalised tour, for those who really want the trip of a lifetime.
Your photography and enjoyment is my commitment and I delight in seeing you capture the images you’ve always dreamed of, taking home the skills to do it again and again. There is no place on earth I’m more passionate about than New Zealand and out in the field here is where I’m at home. This is my love, my passion and my obsession. For over 5 years I’ve been professionally running workshops for people worldwide. Photography has changed my life and I want you to experience the joy of this art too.
- Experienced guided tour through the South Island of New Zealand – see so much more than just the icons
- 7-days of personal and professional photography tuition from myself
- Return transfers from your accomodation in Queenstown
- Small group size of just 4 participants
- 6 x nights, twin-share accomodation
- Complete transportation for the week
- Aerial shoot from a helicopter during sunrise or sunset
- Aerial shoot from a plane during sunrise or sunset
- Cruise down Milford Sound
- Learn how to capture the essence of the forest, coasts and mountains – sunrises, sunsets, night photography
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions, learn my techniques for creating depth in your imagery
- Understand and confidently learn how to shoot in manual mode – master your camera
- Post processing tutorials using Photoshop – RAW file processing, exposure blending, glow effects, sharpening, resizing, focal length blending, focus stacking – no lazy actions or plug ins
- Personal assistance at every location, addressing your own photography goals