New Zealand South Island
Autumn Photography Workshop
This 7-day photography workshop covers it all. From ice-filled glacial lakes, mountain peaks that pierce the clouds, golden tree-lined landscapes, forests, waterfalls, glaciers, fiords and the first snow falls of the season – Experiencing the beauty of New Zealands South Island is a must for any serious photographer and this signature trip showcases the very best.
Dates: March 21st – 27th 2020 Booked Out
April 25th – May 1st 2020 Booked Out
Contact Me To Join Waitlist
Location: South Island of New Zealand
Group Size:Maximum of 6 workshop participants
Skill Level: Suitable for photographers of all skill levels
Fitness Level / Difficulty: There is minimal hiking on this workshop. The longest hike will be to the Hooker Lake, which is approximate 5km each way.
Overview/What to Expect
This is a small group, 7-day photography workshop exploring some of the most incredible locations in the stunning South Island of New Zealand. Mount Cook and the Southern Alps, Milford Sound and Fiordland, Lake Ohau, Te Anau and Queenstown – this workshop covers the very best, including the icons and some hidden gems.
From sunrise to sunset, night photography and post-processing, I’ll be using my local knowledge and experience to make sure we are at the right places when it matters most and share with you all I know about photography and what goes in to making my images. With a small group size of 5, we have a personal and flexible learning environment, allowing for plenty of one-on-one time to address your own goals as well as being able to freely explore and find your own compositions when in the field – not lining up in a long row getting the same shot as everyone else.
Your photography and enjoyment is my commitment and I delight in seeing you capture the images you’ve always dreamed of, taking home the skills to do it again and again. This is my love, my passion and my obsession. For over 5 years I’ve been professionally running workshops for people worldwide. Photography has changed my life and I want you to experience the joy of this art too.
- Experienced guided tour (DOC licensed) through the South Island of NZ
- 7-days of personal and professional photography tuition from myself
- Learn how to shoot long exposures, night photography, sunrises and sunsets and aerial photography
- Effectively compose unique and strong compositions
- Understand and comfortably learn how to shoot in manual mode
- Post processing tutorials using Photoshop – RAW file processing, exposure blending, glow effects, sharpening, resizing
- 6 nights’ accommodation (twin share)
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- Scenic flight and glacier landing (weather dependant)
- Personal assistance at every location, addressing your own photography goals
View frequently asked questions here.